GCSS Foreign/International Students:
These schools are authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant students.
There is a $1,000 fee for all international students the first year and a $200 fee each additional year.
Foreign Students will be considered for admission after the following sequence is complete:
- 1. Fill out Application (and all associated paperwork)
- 2. Provide scholastic transcripts
- 3. Take the *SLEP Test or TOEFL Junior Test—
- CA requires a combined score of at least 47 on the SLEP or 750 on the TOEFL Junior test. We do not have an ESL program; therefore, students must score well on the SLEP to indicate academic readiness.
- 4. Return the application materials, transcripts:
- *funding affidavit, housing affidavit, application fee, and SLEP score to Collegedale Academy.*
Return Material Descriptions:
*Funding affidavit—the individual(s) responsible for the student’s tuition, fees, and living expenses must write a letter and provide bank documents indicating proof of funds.
*Housing affidavit—the applicant must provide proof that living arrangements have been made. Students must live in a family setting. A shared house/apartment with college students does not constitute a family setting.
*SLEP scores—Collegedale Academy requires a combined score of at least 47. We do not have an ESL program; therefore, students must score well on the SLEP to indicate academic readiness.
After the applicant receives the I-20 in the mail and pays the SEVIS I-901 fee, the applicant then submits the I-20 with evidence of I-901 payment to the American Consulate in the applicant’s home country. See the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration’s website for further information.
You’re Accepted, Now What?
If you are accepted, upon notification you must provide the following information for the I-20 to be processed:
-Applicant’s official name
-Country of Birth
-Country of citizenship
-Official residence address: Street and apt. #, City, Province, Postal Code
-Phone number of delivery site
-Dates/years of planned attendance at Collegedale Academy
-Mailing address for I-20 form
-Official name of recipient
-Street and apt. #, city, Province, Postal code, and Phone number of delivery site